Shinobi Wars Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I kind of miss this place
Controls EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:53 am by Eddiemeister

» Make Me Admin
Controls EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm by Repp

» First Post of 2015
Controls EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:12 pm by Eddiemeister

» Jewish Minecraft server
Controls EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 pm by Eddiemeister

» Naruto ending [No spoilers inside, come in pls]
Controls EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:19 pm by Eddiemeister

» The War Z
Controls EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Programmer Interested in reviving this.
Controls EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:45 am by Eddiemeister

» Paint Art
Controls EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Shinobi Risings returns!
Controls EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:57 pm by Fayte220

Controls

+8
Byakuya-Kun
Toppcom
Eddiemeister
shaunohbi
Sojobo
Sconesy Cider
Zaoshi
mompos
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Controls Empty Controls

Post  mompos Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:40 pm

I was wondering how are you going to make the controls because it would be a pump if it was like another game of point and click with your mouse .......
ok but I have this suggestion make it w,a,s,d based and the lock on monsters or persons with a keyboard button like space or something and also make the ninjutsus with seal it doesnt have to be the numbad numbers you can make it like we can change it from settings so that everyone make it the way he like and also make that we can lvl up our nins that if a nin is fixed you can put it in the 1-9 slots and use it instantly but only with weak nin and medium lvl nins but medium lvl take more time and exp to be fixed and so on so here is my idea

Last edited by mompos on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : becaus ribidz wanted so)
mompos
mompos
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Controls Empty Re: Controls

Post  Zaoshi Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:37 pm

r = are
u = you
i = I
ur = your
every1 = everyone

Once everything is corrected I'll bother to read >.<
Zaoshi
Zaoshi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sconesy Cider Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:00 am

Maybe make the fighting a little bit like S4 League or Land of Chaos Online (LOCO for short). You use the mouse as the camera and click to hit or throw your weapon, and then WASD controls like mompos said. I just copied mompos, didn't I? D:
Sconesy Cider
Sconesy Cider
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaoshi Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Maybe copied, don't know, I didn't read.
Also it's not up to me, but Shaun. I doubt he's going to change what he planned either. Right now it's WASD to move around so probably it's already going the path you want it to go.
Zaoshi
Zaoshi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sojobo Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:54 pm

I would prefer to play the game with WASD[movement] keys. While the arrow keys can be used for the camera (or targeting). And the left-mouse button would be used for actions.
Sojobo
Sojobo
Academy Student
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post  mompos Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Sojobo wrote:I would prefer to play the game with WASD[movement] keys. While the arrow keys can be used for the camera (or targeting). And the left-mouse button would be used for actions.

thats not what I meant i mean everything withe keyboard even the camera and the lock-on or targeting can be done by a any key on the keyboard like space or "g" or whatever

@ripiz I edited it
mompos
mompos
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  shaunohbi Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:39 pm

its integrated.
Some jutsus you would need to have a target for, therefore we will have a target bases system. But MOST jutsus are aim and click, this is to keep the whole "skilled" gameplay i was talking about in tact. The jutsus that require targets are jutsus such as genjutsus ect
shaunohbi
shaunohbi
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  mompos Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

shaunohbi wrote:its integrated.
Some jutsus you would need to have a target for, therefore we will have a target bases system. But MOST jutsus are aim and click, this is to keep the whole "skilled" gameplay i was talking about in tact. The jutsus that require targets are jutsus such as genjutsus ect
aim and click that's a bumber but happy to hear about there will be some requiers targeting .......... and i guess no for seal based ninjutsus ?
mompos
mompos
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  shaunohbi Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Well I was always hoping i could have hand seals for jutsus.
BUT one day i came to realise something. You're going to be moving your character with the wasd keys, while at the same time aiming with your mouse. So your kinda using both hands for importan things. I wanted to be able to handle handseals on the numpad but however I look at it now, it can't be done =p. You'll either have to stop moving, or stop aiming to do it, It would be too akward.
SO handseals are really just a waste of time.
shaunohbi
shaunohbi
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  mompos Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

shaunohbi wrote:Well I was always hoping i could have hand seals for jutsus.
BUT one day i came to realise something. You're going to be moving your character with the wasd keys, while at the same time aiming with your mouse. So your kinda using both hands for importan things. I wanted to be able to handle handseals on the numpad but however I look at it now, it can't be done =p. You'll either have to stop moving, or stop aiming to do it, It would be too akward.
SO handseals are really just a waste of time.
yes but u can also forget totaly about the mouse and just kae the targeting done by a button on keyboard like space like dragon ball z on PS2 when u press L1 it lockon target u can make something like that 2 which will make the mouse useless ........ also u can make the ninjutsus that the weak and medium strength ninjutsus after using them a lot u can make them ficed then u can put the in the 1-9 slots and use them rapidlly u got wat i mean
mompos
mompos
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:31 pm

Why would auto targetting be needed for Genjutsu :/? Can't you have it like, you press the genjutsu hotkey and your character does some obvious genjutsu-handseal so that the opponent sees the genjutsu coming. Then the genjutsu-user has to, for 5 seconds, aim at the opponent (or at least close to the opponent so it's not too hard) and if he does, the jutsu will be successful. That way, a player who has some kind of special escaping jutsu will be able to prevent the genjutsu from occuring.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  mompos Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:49 pm

im not only talking about genjutsu im taling about all the jutsus and will they b handseales based or not s i suggested the lockon button so we dont need the mouse so we can perform handseals
mompos
mompos
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toppcom Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Actually a lockon system like the one in DBZ BT2/3 would be perfect.
Toppcom
Toppcom
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:14 pm

But lockon... I mean, that would remove the whole purpose of WASD and a crossfire... The point of that is manual dodging and hitting. Lock-on and there's no reason for moving or trying to aim at someone as lockon will do that ofr you.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  mompos Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:27 pm

lockon will only let u target the enemy but u still can dodge and move while targeting
mompos
mompos
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Byakuya-Kun Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:34 pm

mompos wrote:lockon will only let u target the enemy but u still can dodge and move while targeting

You mean use it to know his location? Not cool

Lets make it feel like you really are a ninja,not just a random guy who sees trough forests
Byakuya-Kun
Byakuya-Kun
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Byakuya-Kun wrote:
mompos wrote:lockon will only let u target the enemy but u still can dodge and move while targeting

Lets make it feel like you really are a ninja,not just a random guy who sees trough forests

This.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dein Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:57 am

It would also be very hard and tedius to fight against more than one enemy at the same time, if you had to lock onto the enemy to cast a jutsu.
Dein
Dein
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Byakuya-Kun Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:24 am

Dein wrote:It would also be very hard and tedius to fight against more than one enemy at the same time, if you had to lock onto the enemy to cast a jutsu.

True,if it wasnt target locked it would get you that feeling + a chance to win if you are good and have good stats and skills.

You could avoid the attacks and attack the other ones too,not only the one that attacks you.
Byakuya-Kun
Byakuya-Kun
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  mompos Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:41 am

Byakuya-Kun wrote:

u wont know his location u just target wat is infront of u and i know it will be hard if there were many enmies but i mean wat othe way that wil allow us to fight with ninjutsu with handseal and also can target unless u have three hands lol
mompos
mompos
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Byakuya-Kun Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:45 am

I honestly think its better with action
Byakuya-Kun
Byakuya-Kun
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:19 am

mompos wrote:
Byakuya-Kun wrote:

u wont know his location u just target wat is infront of u and i know it will be hard if there were many enmies but i mean wat othe way that wil allow us to fight with ninjutsu with handseal and also can target unless u have three hands lol

So, screw the handseals, just press a button. I would rather give up handseals for real action then to remove the action for the handseals.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Byakuya-Kun Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:21 am

Eddiemeister wrote:
mompos wrote:
Byakuya-Kun wrote:

So, screw the handseals, just press a button. I would rather give up handseals for real action then to remove the action for the handseals.

Exactly what I said in the c-box! And its perfectly true with all of us I think!
Byakuya-Kun
Byakuya-Kun
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  mompos Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:07 am

guys ok got it we just w8 and see what the boss will say
mompos
mompos
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaniEsteiro Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:49 pm

mompos wrote:
Byakuya-Kun wrote:

unless you have an extended sight ability or sumthing like a kekkei genkai
Ripiz wrote:r = are
u = you
i = I
ur = your
every1 = everyone

Once everything is corrected I'll bother to read >.<
Controls Note
Gramar natsi

DaniEsteiro
Anbu
Anbu