Shinobi Wars Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I kind of miss this place
Genjutsu EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:53 am by Eddiemeister

» Make Me Admin
Genjutsu EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm by Repp

» First Post of 2015
Genjutsu EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:12 pm by Eddiemeister

» Jewish Minecraft server
Genjutsu EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 pm by Eddiemeister

» Naruto ending [No spoilers inside, come in pls]
Genjutsu EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:19 pm by Eddiemeister

» The War Z
Genjutsu EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Programmer Interested in reviving this.
Genjutsu EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:45 am by Eddiemeister

» Paint Art
Genjutsu EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Shinobi Risings returns!
Genjutsu EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:57 pm by Fayte220

Genjutsu

+3
Byakuya-Kun
mompos
bitspirit
7 posters

Go down

Genjutsu Empty Genjutsu

Post  bitspirit Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:20 pm

From your last video i understand you still haven worked on jutsus so i think this suggestion comes in the right time anyway its about genjutsu,The idea is that when someone activates a genjutsu of a higher rank the user and the target see a short animation like this one.
Because it would be somehow stupid for a hard to learn high rank genjutsu to just inflict some dmg without any special effects.In the time the animation is playing the user and the targer are invincible
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Genjutsu Empty Re: Genjutsu

Post  mompos Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:31 pm

it actually looks so awsome and epic wow i wish it will be ingame if so i will go genjutsu lol
mompos
mompos
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Byakuya-Kun Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:19 am

I still won't xD
Byakuya-Kun
Byakuya-Kun
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:09 am

Good idea, but...

Let's say it causes damage. Just cause there are flashy and cool effects doesn't change the fact that the actual concequence is dry. I suggest having some kind of debuff called "Shock" or something, that causes your character to.. : bleed/move slower/jump lower/randomly run in different directions/messing up handseals or taking longer time to perfrom them/drop your weapon (not permanently but just for the time being) etc, all depending on which genjutsu you've performed. This way, Genjutsu users wouldn't just be damaging but very much contributing to a steady and strategic team play. Oh and, no such effects as "Blinding for 15 seconds" or "Casuing inability to move for 5 seconds" cause that isn't skill or strategic, just sheer OP. We should be very exact about this point.

"Bind his ass and we all go full jutsu on him! Goddamn, we're so good!"
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  jmanelson Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:27 am

Genjutsu is a very tricky issue, because it is something that is never explained in the show. The only thing we know is that if someone senses they are in a genjutsu they can use an anti gejutsu "break" (sakura uses it a lot in the episodes) and they will be free from it. Yet some genjutsu like itachis or possibly the one in the video (didn watch cause i dont want to spoil anything in the show =D) seem like they cannot broken out of and in the events where someone is in a genjutsu they in reality just stand in one spot waiting to die which from a game perspective seems very unfair cause it would almost ensure death if for more than two or three seconds.

Genjutsu doesnt seem like something that can be balanced unless it doesnt really act like the show.

The best way to balance it would be to treat genjutsu as things like minor stuns, sleeps (these should be high level and is broken upon taking damage), slows, and other debuffs/status ailments. But they do not have to be boring in visuals. Possibly during the stun/sleep or during the slow movement speed they can also have a visual twist. Things such as they see that all players around them dissapear/change models/ seem like they switch with other players characters and their nations/teams get swapped and all mixed up. More ideas cold be that the player cannot see the enemies lifebar anymore or maybe it shows that he has full life to trick you/Possibly the genjutsu could alter the players own lifebar fooling him that his is near death causing him to retreat or play defensively. Idk how indepth these things can be done using client/server stuff but I could go on forever about genjutsu ideas. But they can never be too powerful and every char should have a %(chance) to break out of them.

Sorry for wall of text xD

In short i think genjutsu should be a combonation of debuf/visual trickery or just somevisual change
jmanelson
jmanelson
Academy Student
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:04 am

I like it, random guy. But no stuns, they suck Sad. And I think that the genjutsu users should have extra big/noticable hanseals so they are noticeable. IF you see it coming, you can run and decrease the effet (50% slow becomes 25% cus it hit far away from you, or something). Example : Someone targets me with a slow genjutsu, it slows for 50% if I stay in the spot that the user targetted, or if I'm near it. Should take bout 2 seconds to cast. And if I see it coming, I can jump and decrease the effect. But the effect should only hit the target closest to the targetted point. Maybe some AOE (area of effect) genjutsus should exist, but not all of them.

So ye, visual twists and debuffs. But as the visual twists come, you don't freeze or something, but you stay in real-time but with annoying shit popping up on the screen and debuffs decreasing your gameplay perfromance. Woulda been fair.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaniEsteiro Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:35 pm

remember tayuya´s, shikamaru had to break his finger, once you are in a 2dangerous genjutsu" you cant get out, but if someone casts feather illusion jutsu you have to disperce it before it reaches you, like at orochimaru´s attack to the village in the chunin exams

DaniEsteiro
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:37 pm

DaniEsteiro wrote:remember tayuya´s, shikamaru had to break his finger, once you are in a 2dangerous genjutsu" you cant get out, but if someone casts feather illusion jutsu you have to disperce it before it reaches you, like at orochimaru´s attack to the village in the chunin exams

Remember this is a game you cant expect everything to be like the anime
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Rain Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:40 pm

ok i had a idea. how about to use Genjutse u have to first put the target under the GenJutsu and when they are you can do the Genjutsu user can use more skills and such. just so you know i havnt throught threw this at all so if it dosnt make sence to you or u think it is just a realy bad idea i will understand

Mr.Rain
Academy Student
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum