Shinobi Wars Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I kind of miss this place
Should the West arm Libyan rebels? EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:53 am by Eddiemeister

» Make Me Admin
Should the West arm Libyan rebels? EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm by Repp

» First Post of 2015
Should the West arm Libyan rebels? EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:12 pm by Eddiemeister

» Jewish Minecraft server
Should the West arm Libyan rebels? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 pm by Eddiemeister

» Naruto ending [No spoilers inside, come in pls]
Should the West arm Libyan rebels? EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:19 pm by Eddiemeister

» The War Z
Should the West arm Libyan rebels? EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Programmer Interested in reviving this.
Should the West arm Libyan rebels? EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:45 am by Eddiemeister

» Paint Art
Should the West arm Libyan rebels? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Shinobi Risings returns!
Should the West arm Libyan rebels? EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:57 pm by Fayte220

Should the West arm Libyan rebels?

+4
Fuck Yea
Teashi
bitspirit
Bingofuel
8 posters

Go down

Should the West arm Libyan rebels? Empty Should the West arm Libyan rebels?

Post  Bingofuel Sun May 01, 2011 2:05 am

Everybody knows the recent news with Gadaffi and the rebels and the war etc..

In March of 2011, masses of Libyan people began protesting the rule of dictator Muammar Gaddafi. They were brutally suppressed with violent crack-downs and even air strikes against civilians. The international community responded by implementing a no-fly zone in late March. After the no-fly zone took effect, public officials in the US and in NATO countries began considering the possibility of providing arms to the Libyan rebels. The issues involved include: whether it will have a decisive impact on the rebels' combat abilities and in ousting Gaddafi from power, whether the intentions of the Libyan rebels align well with policy-makers' intentions in the West, what history has to tell us about arming rebels, whether providing such arms would be consistent with international law, and many others

The question remains should the west (US and europe) support the rebels by providing them with weapons?
discuss
Bingofuel
Bingofuel
Anbu
Anbu

http://Guyliantreasurechest.com

Back to top Go down

Should the West arm Libyan rebels? Empty Re: Should the West arm Libyan rebels?

Post  bitspirit Sun May 01, 2011 2:14 am

They should.If they don't the rebels will most likely be killed and if that happens what then? Everyone just sits back and watch Gaddafi regain his rule over Libya? Maybe with that support Gaddafi will decide to give up or atleast come to some agreement.
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Sun May 01, 2011 3:28 am

bitspirit wrote:They should.If they don't the rebels will most likely be killed and if that happens what then? Everyone just sits back and watch Gaddafi regain his rule over Libya? Maybe with that support Gaddafi will decide to give up or atleast come to some agreement.

I agree. Not totally, but to some extent definitely. I hate when people say that the U.S. gets involved in too much stuff, but honestly its good that they do. If no one helped, who would?

On the other hand, the U.S. does need to watch its spending and stuff...

But yeah; I agree for the most part.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuck Yea Sun May 01, 2011 9:01 am

the u.s has been giving EVERYONE weopons. all the time. even the Arabs.
Fuck Yea
Fuck Yea
Admin
Admin

http://marksgraveyard.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Sun May 01, 2011 3:53 pm

mark5656 wrote:the u.s has been giving EVERYONE weopons. all the time. even the Arabs.

^
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Repp Sun May 01, 2011 5:56 pm

Teashi wrote:
bitspirit wrote:They should.If they don't the rebels will most likely be killed and if that happens what then? Everyone just sits back and watch Gaddafi regain his rule over Libya? Maybe with that support Gaddafi will decide to give up or atleast come to some agreement.

I agree. Not totally, but to some extent definitely. I hate when people say that the U.S. gets involved in too much stuff, but honestly its good that they do. If no one helped, who would?

You're fucking brainwashed if you think that the US helps.
It's not my opinion but it could be true that the US started the rebellion so that they would have more power in Lybya if the rebellion succeeds and there's a new government.
And don't ask me why the US would want to havemore power in Lybya.The answer is one:resources.

I wrote this while I was in a hurry so that's why the engish fails.
Repp
Repp
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Sun May 01, 2011 6:18 pm

reppakos wrote:
Teashi wrote:

You're fucking brainwashed if you think that the US helps.
It's not my opinion but it could be true that the US started the rebellion so that they would have more power in Lybya if the rebellion succeeds and there's a new government.
And don't ask me why the US would want to havemore power in Lybya.The answer is one:resources.

I wrote this while I was in a hurry so that's why the engish fails.

Not your opinion yet you just state the whole opinion and say it's correct. Wtf?

You have the answer yet we shouldn't ask you?

Stupid theories like the one above are just stupid. Random guessing just to try to make the US look like some kind of thief or bad guy. "
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alucard Sun May 01, 2011 7:53 pm

The US sometimes does help, and other times doesn't.
Take Iraq for a huge example.
They'd help them against Saddam? Cool, they did. He's dead.
But woah, look whats going on now, Iraqi people are getting killed & they're natural resources are being taken. Sweet.
Who knows what other countries might be taken over, the Middle East is swarming with Natural Gas & Oil. Qatar, has the biggest American Base in the Middle East, and Qatar, Is the richest country in Natural Gas.
Libya might be the next victim.

Nevertheless, I'm not saying that its all what the US does, US has helped, & it always does. Nevertheless again, they've taken other countries resources, with force. Lets face it, no country is a saint out there.
All said above is my opinion aye Razz.

Anyway, regarding the Libya topic, they should be given weapons, I agree with Teashi.
Though, getting firearms might have a disadvantage, after all, they're firearms, they can be abused & used for things other than protecting themselves; If they actually do get rid of Gaddafi that is. But.. let them get firearms, agreed with Bitspirit here.

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Dein Sun May 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Every country should support a country who wants to overthrow their evil dictator and become a democratic country. But of course, how, is the real question. The USA has a tight budget, and giving even more weapons won't help. I think the European countries should do something too. It seems like it has been USA who has been controlling the situation in Libya, and i don't think Europe would have gotten involved if USA hadn't. And i think it would be better to just go in, and get Gaddafi. True, the west will loose soldiers, but that is a risk that comes with being in the army, and every soldier has, or at least, should accept that. It would also mean less civilian casualties if the Libyan army focuses on the western armies, instead of the people.
Dein
Dein
Chuunin
Chuunin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum