Shinobi Wars Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I kind of miss this place
Alpha Update #12 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:53 am by Eddiemeister

» Make Me Admin
Alpha Update #12 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm by Repp

» First Post of 2015
Alpha Update #12 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:12 pm by Eddiemeister

» Jewish Minecraft server
Alpha Update #12 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 pm by Eddiemeister

» Naruto ending [No spoilers inside, come in pls]
Alpha Update #12 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:19 pm by Eddiemeister

» The War Z
Alpha Update #12 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Programmer Interested in reviving this.
Alpha Update #12 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:45 am by Eddiemeister

» Paint Art
Alpha Update #12 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Shinobi Risings returns!
Alpha Update #12 EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:57 pm by Fayte220

Alpha Update #12

Go down

Alpha Update #12 Empty Alpha Update #12

Post  shaunohbi Mon May 16, 2011 3:39 am

yo yo
Sorry about last week, a lot of personal family shit went down and i wasnt really in the mood to do much.
Anyways i'll get straight to what i've been working on.
So currently I have been working on the fire-village for the game. But i wanted to make it multi-leveled (have 2 levels) so i added the center of the village to be lifted and have almost like limestone walkways (as a lot of the buildings are in the anime) but i am obviously going to have a lot of stuff surrounding this main part. Which will be dirt + grass + water type stuff. A lot of buildings in the anime are also just on plain ground so it will get a good mix. And you probably cant see the hokage building or academy ect because they will be on the ground level and need a lot of space. The main part is just for shops ect. This is what it looks like with the gates and stuff on it too :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Those are the gates I made ahah they are BOHS
Don't mind all the dummy houses, they won't be like then when i set it up on the map.
So obviously here im using 3DS max, it WILL look much better ingame. The house and tower have been repeated just for dummy purposes (outlining the walkways and representing vacant spots).
I was going to texture the walkways, but it would have taken another hour or two, and first i need textures for it. I want good textures so i decided not to rush and just update with plain old 3DS max colours ;D But yeah that is the walkways for the platform.
You see now? how it only takes up a part of the village and how i can now surround it with ground objects and layouts.

This is its portion to the village :

So yeah as you can see it takes up a fair portion.
But this is where i'm asking for suggestions ;D
you see that massive middle part?! thats the village center. The center buildings all face towards the center. But i am not gonna leave it as just some massive big plain area... perhaps a little room would prove useful in events ect, but I need to add something to it. I'm not saying im gonna take someone idea, but if something sparks my mind then i'll definately consider it or probably twist it with my own perspective too ;D
So what can we have in the middle? it could be an arrangement of park chairs around a feature or just anything. I took an extra picture to give a more clear view :

Apart from my work, Sakura has started working again and just finishing off the site. No idea when it will be up, but all i can say is its looking pretty fucking BOHS. Hope to see it up and running soon enough (:
Engine work is still going ahaha and it will be for some time. Dx11 is taking its time to get used too so the programmer says, which is all good.
Kabamarou still has to finish off a project or two before he can free up some time to do character work. Hopefully by the time he is ready we will have finished up all of our stuff so we can concerntrate on integrating the new character in (: I hope it works out that way.
If i dont update one week, dont think the worst. I've said before that i wont miss 2 in a row, It just means that something went down and I wasn't able to update that week.
I'll update either friday-sunday next week Wink
shaunohbi
shaunohbi
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down