Shinobi Wars Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I kind of miss this place
Ethics: On What Basis? EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:53 am by Eddiemeister

» Make Me Admin
Ethics: On What Basis? EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm by Repp

» First Post of 2015
Ethics: On What Basis? EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:12 pm by Eddiemeister

» Jewish Minecraft server
Ethics: On What Basis? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 pm by Eddiemeister

» Naruto ending [No spoilers inside, come in pls]
Ethics: On What Basis? EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:19 pm by Eddiemeister

» The War Z
Ethics: On What Basis? EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Programmer Interested in reviving this.
Ethics: On What Basis? EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:45 am by Eddiemeister

» Paint Art
Ethics: On What Basis? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Shinobi Risings returns!
Ethics: On What Basis? EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:57 pm by Fayte220

Ethics: On What Basis?

+5
Bingofuel
Eddiemeister
NiggerJim
bitspirit
Alucard
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ethics: On What Basis? Empty Ethics: On What Basis?

Post  Alucard Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Ethics definition: Ethics, also known as moral philosophy, is a branch of philosophy that addresses questions about morality—that is, concepts such as good and evil, right and wrong, virtue and vice, justice, etc.

This whole topic is based on personal opinion, as I see my Ethics, rather, my Morals, different than someone else etc.
The whole point of this topic is seeing on what basis do people live.
Nothing more to it.
Ethics somewhat define a persons life, because of Ethics, you know one's principles, thus, knowing how to act with the person pretty much.

Had a debate about Ethics once, really interesting. & here are some of the questions that we tackled.
  • Is acting morally necessary for happiness?
  • Should we act morally only because it is to the overall advantage to society?
  • Are all human actions unconsciously and egoistically motivated?
  • Can religious ethics be consistent with philosophical ethics?

This topic might fail :3

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Ethics: On What Basis? Empty Re: Ethics: On What Basis?

Post  bitspirit Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:38 pm

No.
No.
Yes but its consciously just no one admits it.
Probably yes.
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alucard Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:42 pm

bitspirit wrote:
No.
No.
Probably yes.

Its not just question and answer..

Its why do you believe so? I'm not going to argue with you like, "Hey! That's wrong!".
As I said, its nice knowing peoples principles. We could learn from each other Heh.

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:06 pm

Alucard wrote:
bitspirit wrote:
No.
No.
Probably yes.

Its not just question and answer..

Its why do you believe so? I'm not going to argue with you like, "Hey! That's wrong!".

As I said, its nice knowing peoples principles. We could learn from each other Heh.

It is for me there you learned something bout me be happy Wink
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  NiggerJim Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:40 am

Alucard wrote:Ethics definition: Ethics, also known as moral philosophy, is a branch of philosophy that addresses questions about morality—that is, concepts such as good and evil, right and wrong, virtue and vice, justice, etc.

This whole topic is based on personal opinion, as I see my Ethics, rather, my Morals, different than someone else etc.
The whole point of this topic is seeing on what basis do people live.
Nothing more to it.
Ethics somewhat define a persons life, because of Ethics, you know one's principles, thus, knowing how to act with the person pretty much.

Had a debate about Ethics once, really interesting. & here are some of the questions that we tackled.

This topic might fail :3
Another question you might ask is where do ethics come from Smile
NiggerJim
NiggerJim
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:56 am

Is acting morally necessary for happiness?
- Nope. If one is truly happy through killing people and actually believe it's right - like all those people that Hitler brainwashed - then morals aren't really necessary.

Should we act morally only because it is to the overall advantage to society?
- Hell yeah. I'm not saying all people should be identical but we should all have a little similarity. Otherwise the world would be way off. And this is also what religion do - gives us different perspectives and ethics that then collide.

Are all human actions unconsciously and egoistically motivated?
- I think yes. Even a good person's. "I will give poor people 100 million in cash." He does it because he cares of them but also, by giving them the money, he feels as if he has contributed, his social status shoots up and by helping the world becoming a better place, he's helping himself, eventually.

Can religious ethics be consistent with philosophical ethics?
-Yep. I think that most of our ethics come from religion. At the time of the Faraos, they treated people like shit because treating them otherwise would do nothing to them anyway. So even if one isn't religious, you have been affected.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bingofuel Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Eddiemeister wrote: Is acting morally necessary for happiness?
- Nope. If one is truly happy through killing people and actually believe it's right - like all those people that Hitler brainwashed - then morals aren't really necessary.

- Hell yeah. I'm not saying all people should be identical but we should all have a little similarity. Otherwise the world would be way off. And this is also what religion do - gives us different perspectives and ethics that then collide.

- I think yes. Even a good person's. "I will give poor people 100 million in cash." He does it because he cares of them but also, by giving them the money, he feels as if he has contributed, his social status shoots up and by helping the world becoming a better place, he's helping himself, eventually.

Can religious ethics be consistent with philosophical ethics?
-Yep. I think that most of our ethics come from religion. At the time of the Faraos, they treated people like shit because treating them otherwise would do nothing to them anyway. So even if one isn't religious, you have been affected.

I agree with this, and:
Yes, and that is a fact. The law is based on morals. That's why it's globally acclaimed that acting morally is good for the society. But if you reread the question there^ you see the word ONLY and meh acting morally also has other advantages as well Heh

No, why?? If everybody acted egoistically than the world would be a biatch.There are some human actions that are unconscious (refers to Freud and his ethos& thanatos) and I also think about when people sleepwalk and I also have a vid about a blind man who trusts his unconsious mind to avoid obstacles. Btw its called blindsight. He can see withput his eyes

Bingofuel
Bingofuel
Anbu
Anbu

http://Guyliantreasurechest.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:12 am

Bingo, I have no idea what your second answer had to do with anything.

Btw, the man can see. He has a camera at eye height that records and that camera is attached to a wire with a metal plate that is put on his tongue. That way he can "see" with his tongue that understands the signals sent from the camera.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bingofuel Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:56 am

Eddiemeister wrote:Bingo, I have no idea what your second answer had to do with anything.

Btw, the man can see. He has a camera at eye height that records and that camera is attached to a wire with a metal plate that is put on his tongue. That way he can "see" with his tongue that understands the signals sent from the camera.

Sarcasm Hurr
btw If you don't believe it google "blindsight" He uses his brains to avoid obstacles because he can't see anything on his retina.. And he relies on his unconscious mind to avoid stuff. Why? because he acts using his instinct.
Bingofuel
Bingofuel
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:07 am

Bingofuel wrote:
Eddiemeister wrote:Bingo, I have no idea what your second answer had to do with anything.

Sarcasm Hurr
btw If you don't believe it google "blindsight" He uses his brains to avoid obstacles because he can't see anything on his retina.. And he relies on his unconscious mind to avoid stuff. Why? because he acts using his instinct.

... If you can't see the object then you can't avoid it without hearing, sensing, smelling or tasting it's position. There's no such thing as "using instinct" if you can't see it xD
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:16 am

Eddiemeister wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:

Sarcasm Hurr

... If you can't see the object then you can't avoid it without hearing, sensing, smelling or tasting it's position. There's no such thing as "using instinct" if you can't see it xD

There are some unique people out there, Eddie, don't close your mind to what some people can do. Its very possible.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:19 am

The thing is he can "see" its not his eyes that are not working its the brain signals its different from being blind
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:13 am

bitspirit wrote:The thing is he can "see" its not his eyes that are not working its the brain signals its different from being blind

You just said the opposite of what Bingo said.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Bingofuel Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:15 am

Teashi wrote:
bitspirit wrote:The thing is he can "see" its not his eyes that are not working its the brain signals its different from being blind

Partially, He doesn't see what we see, he trust on his sense/instinct!
He doesn't get an image projected on his retina like us. But his eyes still "work" and send signals to his brains which he trust somehow..
Bingofuel
Bingofuel
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:16 am

Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:

He doesn't get an image projected on his retina like us. But his eyes still "work" and send signals to his brains which he trust somehow..

So its as if he's seeing the image, but he really isn't? Thats almost like another sense :3

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Bingofuel Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:19 am

Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:

So its as if he's seeing the image, but he really isn't? Thats almost like another sense :3
yeh it is like another sense.. Kinda weird but interesting if you ask me

Check this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7794783.stm
Bingofuel
Bingofuel
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:21 am

Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:

Ethics: On What Basis? SMARTASS1
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:23 am

Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:

See, thats just epic. I love learning about these kinds of things! Like, I love learning about how colorblind people see the world as opposed to me. Thanks for that ;3

And no bit, I'm not being a smartass. Only to you.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:28 am

Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:

See, thats just epic. I love learning about these kinds of things! Like, I love learning about how colorblind people see the world as opposed to me. Thanks for that ;3

Ethics: On What Basis? 129113406040615845
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:31 am

bitspirit wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:

I'll take that as a compliment.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:33 am

Teashi wrote:
bitspirit wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:

Ethics: On What Basis? Starfox-wolf-cantletyou
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:36 am

bitspirit wrote:
Teashi wrote:
bitspirit wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:

Ethics: On What Basis? Starfox-wolf-cantletyou

I just did a barrel roll.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Bingofuel Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:42 am

Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:

you're welcome!! Chee
Bingofuel
Bingofuel
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Alucard Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:11 am

Joninga wrote:Another question you might ask is where do ethics come from Smile
Question could be tackled, though, I think its pretty obvious. It comes from within, as I said, Ethics (Morals), concepts such as good and evil, right and wrong etc.
So.. yeah Razz

I agree with Eddi. He said it nicely.
Ego, ego... Residing in all humans, done by all.

Teashi wrote:
Bingofuel wrote:
Teashi wrote:

Awesome. Who knew something like that was that much reliable.
Instincts FTW.

@Bitspirit, GTFO if you have nothing to post.

Alucard
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:18 am

Alucard wrote:@Bitspirit, GTFO if you have nothing to post.

what do you mean ?
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum