Shinobi Wars Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» I kind of miss this place
Atheists are worse than trolling - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2023 5:53 am by Eddiemeister

» Make Me Admin
Atheists are worse than trolling - Page 5 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm by Repp

» First Post of 2015
Atheists are worse than trolling - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 3:12 pm by Eddiemeister

» Jewish Minecraft server
Atheists are worse than trolling - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 pm by Eddiemeister

» Naruto ending [No spoilers inside, come in pls]
Atheists are worse than trolling - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:19 pm by Eddiemeister

» The War Z
Atheists are worse than trolling - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Programmer Interested in reviving this.
Atheists are worse than trolling - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:45 am by Eddiemeister

» Paint Art
Atheists are worse than trolling - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:46 am by Eddiemeister

» Shinobi Risings returns!
Atheists are worse than trolling - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:57 pm by Fayte220

Atheists are worse than trolling

+10
Eddiemeister
DaniEsteiro
Ice-tea
NiggerJim
bitspirit
Repp
Fuck Yea
kimphoe
Mr.Dark
Deadforlife
14 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Atheists are worse than trolling - Page 5 Empty Re: Atheists are worse than trolling

Post  Eddiemeister Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:18 pm

kimphoe wrote:
Eddiemeister wrote:Ayo - both sides are wrong. Believers usually dislike people for believeing different, and often force their religion upon others. But what ATHEISTS don't understand, is that when they try to disapprove God, they're doing THE SAME THING, trying to force down others' religion by bashing on it.

What the whole world has to learn is that there ARE different people. We don't go to asians and try to straighten their eyes, or to black people and throw bleach at them. So why should we make such a huge fuss about religion? Accept people. There are demons in every crowd. But you don't have to sink to their level. If your belief is strong enough, and you're mature; just walk away.
I think religion is dangerous, it takes away logic and rational thinking. Also lots of money is taken from people to the churches whilst at the same time money is cut from NASA and other great companies that's doing important research.

Everyone has the right to be wrong, but that doesn't mean I don't have the right to try to convert them to my idea.

I Am Mark, k? wrote:Im not going to argue with atheists, because i understand its easy to believe in %100 science. I mean, if i never met my best friend 4 years ago, id be atheist as well. there's a lot of valid points in science. But there are things that are exaggerated for ones own greed as well.
Can you give me some examples of things that are exaggerated for ones own greed?

It's not like with the pope who sits in his gold-coated fortress in his golden clothes instead of actually helping the ones who really need that money.

It's not about cash, but it's about being humane. If someone believes in something, and that thing in question is what all their life circulates around, you're being a pure DICK if you try to take away that. Especially if they aren't all on you saying you suck for not believing. Yes, there are such people. But you can't prejudge all religious people.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Atheists are worse than trolling - Page 5 Empty Re: Atheists are worse than trolling

Post  bitspirit Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:49 pm

In summary
Atheists are worse than trolling - Page 5 Calvin-yelling
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Dark Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:16 am

bitspirit wrote:In summary
Atheists are worse than trolling - Page 5 Calvin-yelling

Have to agree with that one.
Mr.Dark
Mr.Dark
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadforlife Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:56 am

i think, worse than this Atheist crap is, that the Muslim in Afghanistan, Iraq etc Get killed whilst most of them are innocient USA is the most corrupted piece of shit land i ever saw worse than Israel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZITsglSXZgw

burning a Book from a RELIGION , How low America falled with that. Just pathetic. And all the Brainwashed people here (most atheist) believe that muslims are only stupid terrorist, wake up people. Americas so known "Proud" is nothing else than a Endless number of innocient killing spreads...

Osama bin laden (im sure that person didnt even exist) was just another way to brainwash people that Muslims are terrorist and a excuse for the 9/11 AND another excuse to move into Iraq, to steal Oil.

from my view of this, Every single American in Afghanistan, Iraq deserves to die.

Deadforlife
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Dark Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:44 am

Deadforlife wrote:i think, worse than this Atheist crap is, that the Muslim in Afghanistan, Iraq etc Get killed whilst most of them are innocient USA is the most corrupted piece of shit land i ever saw worse than Israel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZITsglSXZgw

burning a Book from a RELIGION , How low America falled with that. Just pathetic. And all the Brainwashed people here (most atheist) believe that muslims are only stupid terrorist, wake up people. Americas so known "Proud" is nothing else than a Endless number of innocient killing spreads...

Osama bin laden (im sure that person didnt even exist) was just another way to brainwash people that Muslims are terrorist and a excuse for the 9/11 AND another excuse to move into Iraq, to steal Oil.

from my view of this, Every single American in Afghanistan, Iraq deserves to die.

Can we honestly stop with all these side topics? I myself have just read those comments, and oh my god, these guys on YouTube are more retarded with their argues that it seems that ours is a piece of cake. But, you can't blame all Americans LD, you can just blame those shitty arrogant people who think they can rule when they kill people.
Mr.Dark
Mr.Dark
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:59 am

kimphoe wrote:
Teashi wrote:I wish people would just not think about religion. No Atheism, no Agnosticism, no Christian, Muslim, Jewish, etc. Like, I wish it would be non-existent. No one would argue if a god did or did not exist. Life would be so much simpler.
That is atheism... And atheism isn't about banishing religion per say it's just many atheists feel obligated to be militant atheists and try to debate against religious people.

No, because atheism is belief that there is no god. What I am saying is that people would not believe anything about god. The idea wouldn't exist.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  kimphoe Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:48 am

Teashi wrote:No, because atheism is belief that there is no god. What I am saying is that people would not believe anything about god. The idea wouldn't exist.
No it's not a belief, it's lack of belief.

The Macquarie Encyclopedic Dictionary definition of "belief" is:
1. that which is believed; an accepted opinion.
2. conviction of the truth or reality of a thing, based upon grounds insufficient to afford positive knowledge:

Most other Dictionaries tender similar definitions.

Those definitions are basically saying that a "belief" is not formed by critical scientific investigation but by emotions, feelings and unsubstantiated opinion.

As a child I can hold a "belief" that the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus are real characters. I can have a "belief" that Unicorns exist and that Ghosts and Goblins etc. are also real.

As an adult I can hold a "belief" that any one of the numerous gods purported, do actually exist, and that humans have an immortal "soul". Some even have a "belief" in UFO's, the power of crystals and a myriad of other unproven paranormal activity.

Atheists do not accept that any of the above imaginary creatures or powers do exist as no scientific evidence is extant in support of those propositions. This is not a "belief", it is just lack of scientific evidence in their support.
kimphoe
kimphoe
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:09 am

kimphoe wrote:
Teashi wrote:No, because atheism is belief that there is no god. What I am saying is that people would not believe anything about god. The idea wouldn't exist.

2. conviction of the truth or reality of a thing, based upon grounds insufficient to afford positive knowledge:

Those definitions are basically saying that a "belief" is not formed by critical scientific investigation but by emotions, feelings and unsubstantiated opinion.

As a child I can hold a "belief" that the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus are real characters. I can have a "belief" that Unicorns exist and that Ghosts and Goblins etc. are also real.

As an adult I can hold a "belief" that any one of the numerous gods purported, do actually exist, and that humans have an immortal "soul". Some even have a "belief" in UFO's, the power of crystals and a myriad of other unproven paranormal activity.

Atheists do not accept that any of the above imaginary creatures or powers do exist as no scientific evidence is extant in support of those propositions. This is not a "belief", it is just lack of scientific evidence in their support.

i.e belief
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaniEsteiro Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Wiki atheism and read more than the first part. Although it would be easier to use what you think since most people think it that way. If everyone thinks a rapper is not what is actually a rapper then it would become the new thing. I hate words.

DaniEsteiro
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Eddiemeister wrote:
kimphoe wrote:

i.e belief

Thank you @ Eddi.

It is a belief, no matter how you put it. To believe is to think or feel as though something is true. Atheists do not know that a god does not exist, they think that a god does not exist, based on lack of proof or evidence. So they believe that a god does not exist.

Just like you cannot prove that a god does exist, you cannot prove that a god does not exist.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:02 pm

And since in the core, both ideologies are believes, the discussion becomes as meaningless as if a christian would argue with a muslim, both claiming their belief is the right one.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:00 pm

Eddiemeister wrote:And since in the core, both ideologies are believes, the discussion becomes as meaningless as if a christian would argue with a muslim, both claiming their belief is the right one.

The difference is science adjusts its views based on facts .Give me proof god exists and i'll gladly accept you are right.
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  kimphoe Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:12 pm

Teashi I really didn't think you were that stupid, I thought you were one of the people here who had a clue.

"Is Atheism A Belief?

No.
Is "bald" a hair color?
Is "not collecting stamps" a hobby?
If you no longer believe in Santa Claus, do you call yourself an "Anti-Santa-Clausian?"
Is there some doctrine you follow pursuant with your non-belief in the existence of the tooth fairy?
Atheism is a lack of belief in god(s)."
kimphoe
kimphoe
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddiemeister Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:30 am

kimphoe wrote:Teashi I really didn't think you were that stupid, I thought you were one of the people here who had a clue.

"Is Atheism A Belief?

No.
Is "bald" a hair color?
Is "not collecting stamps" a hobby?
If you no longer believe in Santa Claus, do you call yourself an "Anti-Santa-Clausian?"
Is there some doctrine you follow pursuant with your non-belief in the existence of the tooth fairy?
Atheism is a lack of belief in god(s)." = Believing there is no God.

Attacking people's character when you fail in arguing. Make ya look mature, nigga.
Eddiemeister
Eddiemeister
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  kimphoe Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:33 am

Eddiemeister wrote:Attacking people's character when you fail in arguing. Make ya look mature, nigga.
Is not collecting stamps a hobby?
kimphoe
kimphoe
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadforlife Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:36 am

Cool story bro

Deadforlife
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:06 am

kimphoe wrote:
Eddiemeister wrote:Attacking people's character when you fail in arguing. Make ya look mature, nigga.
Is not collecting stamps a hobby?

No, its not. I just don't think that you're understanding the context of the word believe. Atheism IS a lack of belief in a god. However, it is also a belief that there is no god. You're not getting it, or you're too stubborn to say you get it.

It doesn't matter anyways, in my original example there would have never been a belief in god in the first place. Atheism wouldn't exist, since it could have never been thought of.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  kimphoe Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:10 am

Teashi wrote:No, its not. I just don't think that you're understanding the context of the word believe. Atheism IS a lack of belief in a god. However, it is also a belief in no god. You're not getting it, or you're too stubborn to say you get it.

It doesn't matter anyways, in my original example there would have never been a belief in god in the first place. Atheism wouldn't exist, since it could have never been thought of.
No it's not a belief in no god. It's a lack of belief, it's exactly like the stamp collecting example.

I also posted the official meaning of the word belief which you don't seem to get.
kimphoe
kimphoe
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:29 am

kimphoe wrote:
Teashi wrote:No, its not. I just don't think that you're understanding the context of the word believe. Atheism IS a lack of belief in a god. However, it is also a belief in no god. You're not getting it, or you're too stubborn to say you get it.

No it's not a belief in no god. It's a lack of belief, it's exactly like the stamp collecting example.

I also posted the official meaning of the word belief which you don't seem to get.

But you're using the word believe the wrong way. You're saying it like it can be only used in situations where a lack of evidence is sufficient. It can be used in any situation. Without saying believe, its like you're saying they know that no god exists. Saying they have a lack of belief in a god would be like flipping an hour glass so the sand goes to another side where they have a belief that there is no god.

A lack of belief equates to a belief that something does not exist, or cannot do something or go somewhere. You cannot have a lack of belief without it turning into something else.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  kimphoe Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:38 am

Teashi wrote:But you're using the word believe the wrong way. You're saying it like it can be only used in situations where a lack of evidence is sufficient. It can be used in any situation. Without saying believe, its like you're saying they know that no god exists. Saying they have a lack of belief in a god would be like flipping an hour glass so the sand goes to another side where they have a belief that there is no god.

A lack of belief equates to a belief that something does not exist, or cannot do something or go somewhere. You cannot have a lack of belief without it turning into something else.
I agree to disagree, but you are talking humbug.
kimphoe
kimphoe
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:41 am

kimphoe wrote:
Teashi wrote:But you're using the word believe the wrong way. You're saying it like it can be only used in situations where a lack of evidence is sufficient. It can be used in any situation. Without saying believe, its like you're saying they know that no god exists. Saying they have a lack of belief in a god would be like flipping an hour glass so the sand goes to another side where they have a belief that there is no god.

I agree to disagree, but you are talking humbug.

I beg to differ; and its arguable that this is a matter of opinion anyways. Good day, sir.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  bitspirit Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:53 am

"belief" is formed by emotions. Atheist see no scientific evidence for the super-natural and therefore reject it.
bitspirit
bitspirit
Jounin
Jounin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teashi Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:59 am

bitspirit wrote:"belief" is formed by emotions. Atheist see no scientific evidence for the super-natural and therefore reject it.

Which only proves that Atheists are ignorant. If they reject something that cannot be proved unreal either, then they are just being ignorant. This is why I don't like Atheists or Religious people. They never stop yelling at each other.

Teashi
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  kimphoe Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:23 am

Teashi wrote:Which only proves that Atheists are ignorant. If they reject something that cannot be proved unreal either, then they are just being ignorant. This is why I don't like Atheists or Religious people. They never stop yelling at each other.
I think you're missing the point here, how is it ignorant to dismiss a conclusion that's not based on scientific evidence?

I could claim it to be a invisible unicorn in my living room which will grant you eternal life, but no matter how much I believe that it doesn't make it true since I have no evidence.
My question; Are you ignorant if you don't believe in my unicorn then?
kimphoe
kimphoe
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ice-tea Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am

kimphoe wrote:
Teashi wrote:Which only proves that Atheists are ignorant. If they reject something that cannot be proved unreal either, then they are just being ignorant. This is why I don't like Atheists or Religious people. They never stop yelling at each other.
I think you're missing the point here, how is it ignorant to dismiss a conclusion that's not based on scientific evidence?

I could claim it to be a invisible unicorn in my living room which will grant you eternal life, but no matter how much I believe that it doesn't make it true since I have no evidence.
My question; Are you ignorant if you don't believe in my unicorn then?

You have converted me. I believe in the unicorn. All hail mr. Unicorn, god of all unicorns.
Ice-tea
Ice-tea
Anbu
Anbu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next